Residence Permit and Visa Affairs
Exit-Entry Administration Division of Shanghai Public Security Bureau
(1) Address: 788 Gu Bei Road. of Chang Ning District
Telephone: 021- 62193808
(2) Address: 1500 Min Sheng Road of Pu dong New Area
Telephone: 021- 28951900
Monday to Saturday 9：00 AM to 16：30 PM
一、 Students with X1 visa need to transfer theirs visas into Residence Permit
1. To do the medical check;
2. Any students who live off campus need to apply for the registration of temporary residence permit in local police station with the contract signed with the householder;
3. International Students Office issues the student’s visa application form, introduction letter and admission notice;
4. Students need to go to Exit-Entry Administration Division of Shanghai Public Security Bureau with passport, all the documents and application fees;
5. Any Students will be charged by Shanghai Public Security Bureau if he fail to apply for the residence permit within valid date;
6. If any information of the residence permit is changed, students need to keep the international students office informed within 10 days;
7. If passport or the residence permit is lost, students also need to keep the international students office informed and apply for the new one with the documents issued by the office;
8. Before the end of every semester, any students who will stay for another period need to extend your valid date of the residence permit.
二、 Students with X2 visa：
1. Students with X2 visa of 150—180days don’t need to apply for new visa or residence permit if they don’t want to enter China again within the valid periods.
2. Students with X2 visa of 150—180days need to apply for new visa or residence permit if they want to enter China again within the valid periods.
3. Students with X2 visa of 150—180days need to apply for residence permit if they will stay in China more than 6 months.